Logitech Flight System G940 Force Feedback Joystick Reviews

Logitech Flight System G940 Force Feedback Joystick Reviews
Other products by Logitech, Inc Ratting 4.0 Out of 5.0 Special Offer Total New 26 Total Use 0


Read More From Here Now

An authentic design inspired by military and commercial planes and helicopters provides a flying experience that's more realistic and more fun, with important controls that look, feel and work like the real thing. The force feedback joystick allows you to control your aircfraft with confidence as you feel its movement as well as its reaction to air turbulence and g-forces. The dual throttle allows you to precisely control multi-engine aircraft using the split lever. Rudder pedals with toe brakes give you true-to-life control, especially when rudder control is essential such as performing definsive maneuvers and crosswind landings, or piloting helicopters. Interactive, programmable throttle-base buttons integrate with simulation software and illuminate red, green, amber or off to indicate the status of critical aircraft systems, just like they would a real cockpit.

Technical Details

- Authentic design inspired by military and commercial planes and helicopters
- Force Feedback Joystick
- Dual throttle lets you precisely control multi-engine aircraft using the split lever
- Rudder pedals with toe brakes
- Interactive, programmable throttle-base buttons
See more technical details
Customer Buzz
"The best HOTAS + pedals for under $300" 2010-03-08
By Jay Dolan (Boston, MA USA)
This review covers the G940 in general, but specifically talks about using it with Rise of Flight: The First Great Air War, a WWI combat simulator by NeoQB.

Joystick:
Love the shape of the stick, love most of the buttons, love the coolie hat altho I haven't found a use for it yet in Rise of Flight (would be nice to pan the in-flight map). The trigger is quality, and has an excellent feel to it -- more like a real trigger than some $0.43 plastic game controller button as on my previous stick (Logitech Extreme 3D Pro). The force feedback is actually way to strong for my liking at 100% setting (default), but I like it quite much at about 35%. The shaking when rolling a plane hard, touching the ground, or firing MG's is sweet. The pre-stall buffeting is invaluable when flying an aircraft on the edge of stall. Two of the buttons on top of the stick are difficult for me to reach, and I have probably average size hands (I'm 6' tall).

Throttle:
Very awesome. I'm using the right slide for throttle and the left for radiator. I'm using one of the rotary dials for mixture, and the other for zoom. There are still 4 buttons and two 8-way hats on the throttle that I haven't found a use for yet (TeamSpeak hotkeys maybe?). I'd like to setup the 8 programmable buttons at the base of the throttle to do gestures and flight leader commands, but they don't work in ROF out of the box. It will require a little tweaking in the Logitech software, I guess. In all, the throttle kicks ass.

Pedals:
Sturdy and accurate. I really wish that the tension dial increased the load on the centering spring so that the pedals snapped to center more readily when torqued down. Instead, the tension dial is basically just a "brake" which applies friction to the pedals throughout their range of motion. I don't always feel the center-detent indicating neutral rudder. This will take some getting used to, I suppose.

Software:
It kinda sucks in my opinion. I only messed with it for about 3 minute before determining that nearly everything I wanted to do could be easily accomplished directly in the game.

Overall:
All of the parts feel pretty well made. All of the cables are plenty long enough. I'm very happy with the G940, and I'm pretty sure I'll like it even more as I become proficient with it. Coming from a year or so of using a twist-stick, I really do have to learn how to fly all over again. But I already can't wait to take my SE5a up again, so that's a good sign!

Customer Buzz
"HOTAS is only as good as software behind it." 2010-03-05
By R. Ross
1. No tech support
2. Forget force Feedback it useless
3. Do not buy this HOTAS if you plan to use it with DCS Black Shark
4. Joystick centering mech has a 20% error
5. Stick very noisy. Sounds cheaply made
6. Not supported very well by other gaming companies.
7. Still waiting for a patch update for over a year.

Need I same more...

Customer Buzz
"Nice HOTAS" 2010-02-06
By Gregory P. Pathe (MI, USA)
I am very happy with this settup. There is one thing that I cannot seem to get working properly. That is the toe brakes. They seem to be on all the time if you select them as an axis in IL2 and FSX. I actually have one of the rotary axis selected for breaks now.

Customer Buzz
"All out flight sim control system." 2010-01-14
By W. Chang (Houston, TX)
I am not a professional pilot or hardcore flight sim player. As a intermediate skill player, the amount of controls can be overwhelming. The build quality is very nice and I had no software compatibility issues although the setup was quite rigorous. I wish some of the buttons were a bit more tactile and responsive. The force feedback feels as though it could be a little more powerful and less jerky. The four star review comes from the price. I find it hard to believe that this system can justify a nearly $300 dollar price tag. Maybe the hardcore flight sim players will disagree but that is out of my scope.

Customer Buzz
"Logitech flight system G940" 2009-12-23
By Luna Moth Wilkins (Great Dismal Swamp, Virginia)
Once set up completely, the Logitech system is great. It has control and feed back, plus all the shortcut keys on the units themselves. I have played with mouse/keyboard and single joysticks before on flight simulators, but with this setup I have more control of the aircraft and less button searching.

My only complaint so far is there is not auto set-up...having to configure the complete unit takes time. Don't get me wrong, I like being able to fully customize the controls, but a basic setup would be nice to get used to the controls first before reprogramming the units.


Images Product

Read more Logitech Flight System G940 Force Feedback Joystick

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น