Saitek X52 Pro Flight System Controller Reviews

Saitek X52 Pro Flight System Controller Reviews
Other products by Saitek Ratting 4.0 Out of 5.0 Special Offer Total New 31 Total Use 4


Read More From Here Now

All the features of the X52 combined with premium engineering and advanced Multi-Function Display (MFD) for real flying interaction. 2 dedicated MFD buttons and 2 rotary dials with in-built buttons to control additional game functionality; MFD displays data directly from games, including Radio Stack info from Microsoft Flight Simulator 9 and 10; Software Development Kit included for creating game-specific programs to interact with the MFD; Choice of red, amber or green button illumination; Illuminated buttons and MFD - ideal for low light environments; Throttle unit illumination varies depending on throttle position; Enhanced MFD backlighting; Improved cable management system. Joystick: Precision centering mechanism, non-contact technology on X and Y axes and constant spring force reduce free play, improve control and increase durability; 2-stage metal trigger; 2 primary buttons in 1 convenient position; 4 fire buttons including missile launcher with spring-loaded safety cover for instant access; Conveniently positioned metal pinkie switch provides shift functionality to double up on programmable commands; 2 X 8-way Hat Switches; 3D rudder twist; 3-position rotary mode selector switch with LED indicators; 3 spring-loaded, base-mounted toggle switches for up to 6 programmable flight commands; 5-position handle adjustment system to suit all hand sizes. Throttle: Progressive throttle with tension adjustment, detents for afterburner and idle; 2 fire buttons; Scroll wheel with built-in button; Mouse controller / hat switch with left mouse button; 8-way hat switch; 2 x rotary controls; Smooth-action slider control; Clutch button initiates ‘safe mode’ to allow on-the-fly profile selection, or to display button functionality without activating. Compatibility: Windows 7, XP/XP64, and Vista

Technical Details

- Advanced Multi-Function Display (MFD) for real flying interaction
- 2 dedicated MFD buttons and 2 rotary dials with in-built buttons to control additional game functionality
- Joystick with precision centering mechanism, non-contact technology on X and Y axes and constant spring force
- Progressive throttle with tension adjustment, detents for afterburner and idle; 2 fire buttons
- Works with: Windows XP, XP64 and Vista (all versions) and Windows 7
See more technical details
Customer Buzz
"X52 Pro stcik and throttle" 2010-04-05
By J. Potch (Northern California, USA)
I really enjoy the combination set. While I am not a very 'techy' person I will just give you my personal feelings and judgment based on use and not specs. The programming for me was hard to learn and use. Once I read the directions about 6 times I think I have it down now.
My first set came in damaged and could not use the joy stick. Amazon did a great job taking care of the problem, sent me a new set immediately, then I sent the defective set back.
Over all feel is smooth and translates to the controls on the screen with equal sensitivity and precision. I used to have a force feedback joystick from Saitek and I do miss that feedback from the stick. Still, this set is so good I am getting used to it very quickly.
I have one other control that I am not familiar with called the 'mouse button' on the throttle control handle. This tiny joystick will take the place of the mouse to move your viewpoint around and get the big picture while flying and in combat. It is not intuitive and needs some practice to use. Again the more I use it the better I get.
I only wish there were more profiles I can download to use the stick to it's full potential, I just have to keep looking and set some of the profiles myself.
I have a question for anyone out there. What is the 'i' button on the throttle. When it is pressed the hat button on the joystick blinks. I could not find any info on the use of this button.

Thanks for reading my thoughts on the Saitek X52 Pro Joystick throttle

Customer Buzz
"Your Mileage May Vary" 2010-03-05
By B. Pichon (Chandler, AZ United States)
I've had the stick for eight months now. The look and feel are excellent. They've added an additional spring to the stick since the x45 which improves handling. The MFD is a real plus if your game supports it. My main use is for MS FlightSim X which it works great for. Being able to change the colors of the various buttons also helps categorize the use you have set for them. And the programmable options for the buttons are top notch.

My main issue with the stick is reliability. The buttons and hats on the stick have now stopped working. (Throttle works fine). Two emails to tech support over the past week have gone without response. I had a Saitek X45 which I replaced with this because it also failed (though after much longer use than the eight months with this one). So I've temporarily fallen back to CH Flightstick that I've owned for 15 years and is reliable as ever.

So, in a nut shell...while the stick worked, it was a joy. Best stick I've ever used. But how long it will perform that way is a roll of the dice IMO. Your mileage may vary.

Customer Buzz
"Get the Flight Yoke instead" 2010-01-30
By Wayne Bradney (New Jersey)
I received this as a gift and had to return it. It looks great and is built quite well, but it doesn't work well for simulators. The fundamental problem is that the auto-centering mechanism involves a concave metal ring that sits around the base of the stick. The friction induced by the movement of the ring against the base is significant, and make it incredibly hard to move the stick by very small amounts (as is necessary for maintaining level flight, for instance).

In the end I got the Saitek PZ44 PRO FLIGHT YOKE SYSTEM GAME CONTROLLER instead, which doesn't have the same "sticking" problem, and is almost as accurate as the simulator controls at the local flight school.


Customer Buzz
"MFD Failure with FSX! Common problem!" 2010-01-11
By GarretNYC (New York, NY United States)
I hate to bash a product online but I feel that others should know about the problems with this flight system before spending their money on it. I received the Saitek X52 Pro a few weeks ago and have had some time to use it with FSX and IL2. While the joystick and throttle control feel solid and seem well designed, the execution is poor. The multi-function display (MFD) just suddenly died on my unit and now, while in FSX, you have no idea if a profile is loaded (the display is completely blank with the exception of the current time being displayed (gee, that's helpful)). Considering that the information contained on the MFD is supposed to be usefull and a big selling point distinguishing this setup from other flight sticks out there, you'd think Saitek would work on a solution and correct this problem. Guess again. I searched on Saitek's forums and apparently this problem is well known in the X52 Pro community and has been an issue for YEARS yet Saitek has been unable/unwilling to fix it. Saitek's tech support is a complete joke.

Furthermore, there is no real documentation to help with programming and understanding the functions of the product. The help files are equally useless.

If Saitek is going to sell a joystick for the amount of money this thing is listed for, Saitek really should be providing at least some customer service. How can you sell a product with known issues and then do nothing about it? Bad. Bad. Bad. Buyer beware.

Customer Buzz
"Saitek x52 pro works well" 2009-11-18
By Michael Seikel (Oklahoma City, OK United States)
I have read the past reviews and in the face of alot of negative ones I decided to buy the Saitek X52 Pro. I recieved this controller and set it up exactly as specified in the instructions and I learned it was not plug and play. I thought it was because the instructions said it was. After much fiddling around I realized I had a defective model and had to send it back. Amazon was exceptional about helping me to obtain a new one for replacment and I plugged the replacement in and VOILA!!! It works and works like a charm and you can set it up to just play but this is a complex piece of electronics and programming, you can go into control panel and the profile editor and completely custom tailor this fine piece of work. I have noticed that my landings are so much softer, I was getting an avg of -200fpm in the big jets and now in the 744 and 777 I get about -50fpm to -100 fpm. Now there is alot more to a landing than the controller but all things being equal this controller was the answer for me.

Not all electronics will work the first time you plug them in, it's just the nature of the beast. You will be pleased with this product if you allow your patience and understanding to be ruler. I got mine replaced and I am a very happy customer and will look forward to buying Saiteks rudder pedals soon.


Images Product

Read more Saitek X52 Pro Flight System Controller

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น